Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kindergarten Round Up!

Yesterday we took Kadie girl to Kindergarten Round Up. It is partly an orientation for parents and partly an orientation for the kids. Kadie went to a Kindergarten room and was matched up with a sweet little girl named Gracie that held her hand and took her to do some crafts and circle time. At first Kadie was super nervous and did not want us to leave but once she had a friend she was fine. Brad and I cried a little at the fact that she is so brave and already old enough to go to Kindergarten. The school is great. They spent a lot of time with us explaining everything and giving us things to do with Kadie over the summer. The most exciting part for Kadie was when they brought the school buses up and they let us go on a bus ride to learn all the bus rules. She was so super excited that she did not need a seat belt ( a bit freaky for mom but we all rode school buses when we were kids and survived). She was so funny. We then took her out to lunch (her choice) and to dairy queen. It was a special day for our Kadie girl.

Big Girl Kadie on the school steps.

Riding the school bus- without a seat belt!
Silly smiles but happy heart. We love you Kadie girl.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time Payton was on the bus was when it picked him up to take him off to Kindergarten. As I watched him sit down and the bus pulled away I started to panic that my boy was riding without a car seat for the first time ever in a vehicle that a stranger was driving! I walked inside and cried. I didn't cry on the first day of school (we had to drive him the first week) but I cried after the first bus ride. There is something about letting your child go that hits you at the strangest times - times you aren't prepared for. Kadie looks so excited about kindergarten! What a blessing that all summer she'll be able to know what she's looking forward to and be excited about it.
By the way, I love you Kelly. I wanted to tell you at MOMS and give you a huge hug. But something inside me said to wait. A person should only have to come up with a response to people's words of encouragement or condolences so many times in one day. After that, they should just be able to be. I saw that you were with a few friends, so I just wanted to let you be (and I prayed for you instead). But I hope you know that you are loved and lifted up in prayer. My heart breaks for you and your family. I admire you so much as a mother and a woman who follows hard after the Lord, and your children (all of them) are so blessed to have you as a mother. Consider this a big hug from me.

KellyD said...

Thank you Heidi, it means the world to me.