Sunday, January 25, 2009

Girlfriends!!!

Last night I had my annual girlfriend birthday party. For the past 6 years, I have had a handful of my closest friends over to spend the night, eating, laughing and talking to the wee hours. It all began after my beloved hubby threw me a surprise party in which I did not react well. I have since been forgiven. For someone like me, somewhat of an introvert and a person that suffers from social anxiety, it was not a good party. So my hubby vowed to never throw me another party but wanted to know how I would really like to spend my birthday.

What I really like is quality time with just a few very close friends. I don't like to go to a restaurant for many reasons but mostly for the cost and the fact you cannot really talk about things when the people in the next booth could be listening. Plus they eventually kick you out. So I love to cook and I love to be home so I started have a few girls over for dinner. It has become my favorite thing and I longingly look forward to it every year.

This year I thought I would try to take a few pictures but I forgot. Oh well.

Anyway, I had a wonderful night with a few very good girlfriends. I cooked a ton of fattening food and of course had delicious desserts and sat around the on the couch with no responsibility for kids, talking and enjoying ourselves. We stay up late, we get caught up, we laugh, sometimes we cry and we just love each other. It is such a blessing to me.

Thank God for girlfriends. I cannot wait for next year.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Good for you for knowing yourself and making time for YOU - just the way it should be. Happy Birthday!

Lee Ann said...

What a great idea Kelly! I love that you stay home. I'd rather be at home (for the same reasons) than out to dinner anytime.......but I might hire you to do the cooking for me :-)

Glad you had a great night!

KellyD said...

I would be happy to do the cooking. But if you just want to stay home, get take out, lots of great places do it, then put it in your own serving dishes and you have it made. It is my favorite time of year, and I think the girls that have come feel that way too, we have started moving from house to house every 3 months or so even if it isn't someones birthday.