Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling burnt out!

My Birthday is this week. I feel so much younger than my age. However, today I am feeling old and weary. A few people have asked what I want, and I never can think of anything. I was scheduled for a 2 hour massage tonight, which is about the best gift ever, but 15 min before I had to leave they called to cancel as the therapist injured herself. I wanted to cry. Issie has been sick for 9 days now (who's counting) and I took her back to the doctor today and she now shows an ear infection. I think I am just warn out from taking care of sicko's and just getting behind on everything and having no time for myself, I have even been taking my showers with her to help steam her up. I was so looking forward to going away for 2 hours of bliss. Instead I stayed home and did laundry, picked up toys and put kids to bed, not exactly the same.

For my birthday wish ( and wish it would have to be), I would love for someone to come and clean and organize my entire house then leave me completely alone in it for at least 24 hours. I want the time to myself to nap, sleep in, take a bath, journal, make jewelry, read a book, watch bad tv that the kids can't watch, but I need my house in order first or I would just clean and organize or at least be distracted by the mess. I know this will not happen but it is good to wish. Sorry for the depressing post. Maybe some little fairies will come and make my wish come true. If they do, I am sure they would be in high demand.

Praying to be content in all circumstances.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

You are a good mommy and it is not surprising that you would feel burnt out. I pray that the Lord will richly bless you on your birthday and that you will be overwhelmed by a feeling of gratitude and relaxation!

annaliese said...

Oh! I am so sorry you are feeling this way--especially at birthday time! aak! I can only imagine how frustrating to have that massage canceled and then to spend the time doing 'normal' stuff :(