Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heartbeat!

We had the first ultrasound today. It was a bit nerve racking. It took quite some time to see anything. I had to leave to empty my bladder more than once and still it was seriously like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had quite some time to come to terms with how I really feel. I would be sad if we lost the baby. I guess I am getting attached to this little life sucking machine.

Finally, there it was. This tiny microscopic flicker. That is it. Our baby, a tiny almost impossible to see flicker. Apparently the baby is smaller than we thought, therefore I am only 6 weeks and 4 days. Clearly, I do not know when I ovulate or we would not be in this predicament.

When you look like I do at 6 weeks, you go in hoping you are further along or possibly thinking there could be twins in there (we do have a family history ya know). But no, I am actually not as far along as I thought. There is very little reason for my belly to look like I am 5 months pregnant. Clearly, my body is just assuming the position, getting ready and make a lot of room.

Anyway, we are very grateful for that little flicker. Praise God for the absolute miracle of life. Thank you for your prayers, we will continue to keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Oh, it is the little steps along the way - I'm with you on having no idea about ovulation - same thing happened to me with Ellie and her due date, but she ended up being born at 37 weeks 5 days so I think my dates were right!
Oh, and I tagged you for a new post - check out my blog for details!