Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Every day stuff.

Always lots going on around here. Jack continues his cooking lessons and we are trying to get to the point that he cooks dinner on Thursdays but we are not there yet. He learned how to make burritos last week. Including fresh salsa, and guacamole. The beef was a bit crispy but that was likely because I had him multi-tasking too much. It was really good. One of his favorite things to eat so it was a good one for him to learn. It is good for me too, he wants me to write down instructions for everything so he can try to follow the recipe without my help. I realize how much I just cook stuff without thinking. I have never really written down how to brown ground beef or how to cut an avocado. It was fun though, he even took the initiative to clean up the entire kitchen after dinner, this was a huge thing for him since we usually have to nag and nag to get it all done. I think American Idol being on may have been a big motivator too.

It is hard to get any pictures of Jack since he is in that stage where it is totally not cool to pose for mom. So when I catch a shot where he is not givign me some snarky look, I need to share it. I love this boy.

Issie got her first official haircut last week. I have been trimming her bangs for a while and at times it really has looked awful. She has had a full on mullet and it is embarrassing. So I finally had my hairdresser fix in right. She was incredibly still and obedient. She loves being the big girl. So independent.

The update on the transition to bed: it only took 2 nights to get her to stay in bed, amazing! She is still often the last to fall to sleep but she just lays quietly there playing with her hands until the wee hours of the night. So cute. We moved her to her bed for naps too later that week and she has done great. Sleeping 3 hours and going right to sleep almost every time. Our issue now is how to keep her in bed beyond 6am! She is an early riser and we used to just keep her in her crib and she would play or fall back to sleep. But now she is up and running. Kadie is up right with her and soon they are fighting and then Jack is mad since he actually likes to sleep past 6:15am. Let me tell you it is not the wake up call you want every morning. I will take any suggestions on this one. Kadie was trained early to stay in her room until the clock said 7 but Issie is younger and when one of them wake up everyone is up. Baby steps.

Kadie and her best little friend Rylie. We have small group together so these girls play every week and just love each other. They decided to coordinate their outfits so they looked like twins. It was so cute, calling back and forth to decide on jeans and what color socks, so funny.

No comments: