Monday, March 22, 2010

Brad turns 40!

Today was Brad's birthday! He turned 40. I made many plans to have a great celebration and each plan did not work out. We have a joke in our family called the "week of Brad". Brad used to have so many things he wanted to do that he would say, "we could do that for my birthday" that it just turned in to a week of celebration. It was fun.
We don't do that anymore, not for any reason other than it is just not as big a deal I guess. But this year, I wanted to make it a big deal. He is forty after all. We started out with a big party but all of his best guy friends could not make it this weekend (or last weekend, or the next 2 weekends for that matter). So we ditched that idea. Then we thought we would go to the beach with his mom and Rod but his boss would not let him off work since there is already someone on his team off till April. So that plan was dropped. Then we thought of a poker night, but no guys in town. So we thought we would go hiking, but then Issie started puking and puked all day on Saturday. It rained Sunday. So we decided just to do a date night instead. Well then I came down with the puking Issie had and we had to cancel that. So Happy Birthday Brad. You got to spend your big day taking care of 2 puking girls, so fun.

We do love you. You are a great man, a wonderful husband and the best father. I love my life with you. I love growing older with you. I decided to pick some pictures that I liked to share a bit of you with everyone out there.


I love this picture of you with the kids at Pacific Beach last summer. It was rainy and cold but you would never miss a chance to play in the waves and look for creatures. The kids love that about you. You are the fun one. You are the playful one. You are the one who can totally lose track of time, playing a game and just spending time with the kids.


I love this picture of you with Kadie. I think she was hurt or cold or something and wanted her Daddy. She loves you so much. You are a good daddy.

Here is one with you and Issie, the wild child on the hike. I think she has your adventurous spirit. I love that you nurture that and let them be who they are.

Me and you. Thanks for taking care of me, not just today but all of the time. You are my prince charming. I love who you are and who God is growing you to be. Happy Birthday!

No comments: