Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Ok this is how our yard looked 2 days ago, the snow has since blown off the trees and the ice has formed on the roads. It was a welcome thing, at the time. I do love the snow, I don't mind being stranded at times, I love the kids playing outside and the toasty fire, it really feels like Christmas time. However, my patience has been pushed to the edge. With the super cold temps our pipes froze on Sunday night and we went without water for 48 hours. It is amazing how many dishes can pile up in that amount of time. If I had known about this situation in advance I would not have let my kids skip baths for the 3 nights prior so they were at 5 days without being clean, yuck! To add to the situation my mother in law and her husband are due to arrive tomorrow, although she would not care, our house is disgusting. After hours of wrapping heating coils and insulation and using the hair drying by extension cord on the pipes and the well pump, I finally packed the kids up to take showers at a friends. Right at this point we lost power! Really starting to stress now. I just want to take a shower, clean my house and mail my Christmas packages and card! None of this is happening and none of this really seems important any more. Thank God, Brad was working from home and could help manage the situations. I left the house, stressed and not gracefully loving my kids, to try to get clean and get some food and some disposable dishes. Praise God before I got home we had power, heat and water! And now I realize it will be even colder for the next 3 days or more. Pray for us.

2 comments:

annaliese said...

just about to post on my blog about this snow--am definitely praying for you, as well!

meleea said...

praying for you - remember this too shall pass! thank you Lord!