Friday, December 12, 2008

It's a Miracle!!!

So, after soliciting input from anyone who would listen about my screaming, screeching, totally out of character Issie, my wonderful friend Michelle (aka miracle worker) helped me solve my problem. Apparently her little girl did the same thing around the same age and it turned out to be an intolerance to dairy. The behaviors were almost exactly the same and I was giving her more and more milk to calm her and basically shut her up and it was just getting worse, duh. We decided to do a 3 day trial with no dairy. Instantly, I am not kidding here, she was different. She woke up from her nap yesterday afternoon and I gave her rice milk instead of milk and the screaming has stopped. She babbled and squealed some but it was her normal range, she slept without waking up screaming, just a little fussing. And best of all today, she just toddled around the house, playing quietly with books and her little people and giggling about her hat and pouncing on her new leather chair. It was precious, it was Issie, she is back!

I know people deal with much bigger life issues than a screaming baby and I know I am blessed with pretty easy kiddo's and very grateful but this was so sudden, so different, so difficult that I could not imagine it being a long term situation. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Michelle. We have our Issie back! Praise God for girlfriends.

2 comments:

Michelle P said...

You are very welcome! I am so glad it solved it. I know how hard it is to take and especially when you think, "I guess this is how she is now." You sort of mourn the loss of the old personality. So glad you have your calm baby back to enjoy. I totally felt compelled to call you yesterday and now we know why. Thanks God, for those little promptings!

Cheryl Pitt said...

I don't know how old your little one is, I just happened across this blog while blog-hopping and wanted to say congrats for finding the source! And just FYI, dairy has lots of different names whey, sodium caseinate, etc. I'd suggest you "learn" to decode labels to avoid unwanted reaction. Dairy hides in lots of unassuming prepackaged foods. It's a bit of work at first but well worth it. Good Luck!

Feel free to stop by my allergy blog if you'd like:

http://the-garlic-press.blogspot.com