Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where do I go from here?

My mind is scattered, ideas come rapidly, direction is starting to become apparent. Yes this is once again about kd designs. Some times there are too many things pulling at you at once. It is hard to see what is God's plan and what is a distraction. I was blessed with a meeting with a friend and artist today that really helped me get myself focused. The fact is, I love being passionate about something. Being creative and having an outlet. I love putting new designs together and making jewelry that is not more expensive than your outfit. I do not love selling it. I like it being sold but not me personally selling it. Obviously it would be best if someone just said "give me what you make and I will sell it for you". So far that is basically what has happened. But then there is the next step. Do you want to jump off the deep end and basically drowned or do you want to just step forward. Seems obvious when you look at it like that, but it was a harder decision than you might think. But it now seems clear that I want to design, and create and not mass produce. I want to be local and personal. So I am moving forward, instead of treading water in fear. I am choosing not to believe the discouraging thoughts that seem to overwhelm me. I am moving forward, in faith and in surrender. I am going to talk to some local stores, super scary for me. I am going to do some local shows and I am going to upgrade my on-line sales capability. My constant prayer has been for this to remain fun and exciting and that if it turns out not to be God's plan for me and my family that He simply take the desire away. This is not my identity, my success or failure at this does not determine who I am. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for your continued encouragement.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Even keeping it local - I think you will be mass producing - people love a good "wholesome" quality product made by the hands of an artist who is devoted to making people feel pampered without costing a fortune... I am proud of you for being true to yourself.

KellyD said...

thanks for the encouragement, if the Lord blesses it, He will provide a way, if not I will be fine.

Eryn said...

michelle A told me about your little meeting and invited me to maybe join up with you gals next time.

I LOVE your jewelry blog, but there was no where to comment. Hey, I'd love to host a jewelry party for you sometime if you want!