Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Jack!

It is hard to believe that my baby is already 9 years old!! Where does the time go? Well Jack had the "best day of his life" ( in his words) today. Jack is so musical and just loves his music and "rocking out", so when his MP3 player from Christmas broke, it was a sad day in our home. Jack was so excited to get this MP3 for his birthday that he had tears in his eyes. A happy boy.

Then he got his own little CD player for his room with a jack for his MP3, he really feels all grown up now!
Thanks Grandma Mary, Jack loved the iTunes card and the books. He swore he was getting clothes and was so happy to have such "cool presents". You did good Grandma.

And last but not least was a new soccer ball (the other current obsession) and a Garfield DVD from Kadie. It was a very good day to turn 9.

At the end of the day, I tried to tell Jack all the things we think are so special about him and how excited we are that he is growing up. I tried to tell him it is not about the presents but about how much we love who he is and we love to encourage the things he is passionate about. But he simply replied to me, "Oh Mom, I know you love me, but when your 9, it is all about the presents!" Pretty funny. Also, in case you are wondering, he is shirtless most of the time from "overheating" when he is running through the house playing soccer. We love you Jack!



4 comments:

Dee said...

What great memories that you have captured! I love those topless pictures--boy he has shot up since I have seen him last. He is so tall and skinny!

Julie D. said...

your kids are so beautiful. (jack probably wouldn't appreciate that...handsome in his case). What a fun day.

Lee Ann said...

So I just read your entire blog! How did I not know you had a blog? So fun! Thanks for sharing your family.

KellyD said...

yep, I am a closet blogger, you caught me. it is a blessing to my family for them to see what I get to see daily. technology is awesome.