Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

One blessing of being in Florida a few weeks ago was that I was able to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. Mary Perez was born April 10, 1950. And I share her actual age as a tribute to how amazingly young she looks. We are always mistaken as sisters. She is a beautiful woman, with a beautiful smile that for some reason she rarely shows. I love this picture of her with Isabella. We named Isabella Mary partly after my mother and her mother. My mother has not had an easy life but she work hard to raise me and my sister to provide us with a life different than her own and she did this mostly on her own. Now that I am a mom, I am beginning to realize all she sacrificed for us and how much harder it was than she made it look. She is now happily married and living with her husband Al on a horse ranch in Florida. Sorry this is late mom. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. We all love you very much.


No comments: