Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Isabella's Nursery

So I know my mom and Trudy are eager to see what I finally did with Issie's room. I still have the rocking chair to cover but I have lost my motivation so I thought I would post what I have done. Here is the crib, I loved the pink and brown pasley fabric but I wanted the super soft pink minky dots to be on the inside for Issie to snuggle up to. It seemed to balance it out since the print is a bit busy. Isabella and the pictures hung above were ideas I stole from a pottery barn magazine.
It is hard to see but the ruffle is a chocolate brown satin.
On the opposite wall I framed several of the pregnancy belly pictures and some "baby body parts" pictures that my friend Michelle did for us. They turned out so well and I love seeing how little she was when she was first born.
I had a little fabric left so I covered the lamp shade on her dresser.
Here is her bible verse. I know the writing is not perfect but it was more important for me to have it there than to stress over the way it looked. I love this verse, I feel like God specifically gave me this verse for her when I was pregnant. Since her room is small and the closet has many uses, I liked the pink shelves and the cute boxes and baskets help me store extra diapers, wipes, medicine, bath supplies, towels and I have one to put little memories in. I had fun labeling them so Brad new where everything was.

These are my favorite pictures that Michelle did for us. I love looking at them when I put Issie to bed. We just feel so blessed to have her and it was fun to put together this room for her. So that is it. I did work for some time on some curtains but they turned out to make the room look like a circus plus they were so heavy that they pulled the rod out of the wall, an all around frustrating day for me. In the end, I found some simple and pretty chocolate satin curtains that match her bed skirt and block the morning sun. Much easier then what I was trying to create. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

meleea said...

Kelly - what a beautiful room for a beautiful baby! I love the pink and brown - Emma is doing that in her room when we move in downstairs. You did a great job!!

Julie D. said...

that is beautiful, kel. i love it. great job

Annette said...

issie's room is beautiful!