Saturday, October 16, 2010

blessings

It is early Saturday morning. I was just lying in bed, trying to fall back to sleep with 2 little girls playing puppy and mommy on Daddy's side of the bed. My mind started to quickly go to all the things I should do today. Send this email, order that thing, exercise, clean, make pancakes, and a bunch of other ridiculous expectations that I put on myself. It is like, I forgot all the peace I found last night when I allowed myself to take delight in my blessings and avoid being caught up in all the other stuff that needs to happen. (That word need is pretty subjective these days).

Then the phone rang.

7:15am on Saturday morning and the phone rang. It was our neighbour. A wonderful God loving family moved in to the house right up our hill on Labor Day and was an answer to 5 years of prayers that Jack would find a great friend within walking distance to our home. Connor has been that. He has been an amazing and fun new friend given to us by an awesome God. Well, the phone rings and it is the dad of this family. He tells me their older son has been in the hospital since Wednesday. "Things have been bad" as they thought it was an absess on his spine but now they realized it is a Staph infection in the blood. This does not seem better to me but he said this is better. Anyways, the 2 youngest kids Connor and his sister are coming to spend the day with us so the mom and dad can be at the hospital.

It was like a punch in the stomach. Satan tries (and sadly often succeeds) at keeping me all worked up, moving and doing and thinking ahead. I refuse to let him win. I see everyday how tenuous life is. How we are all here for such a short time. I just do not want to miss anything. I know God has a calling on my life, and I am so excited to be in that with Him. But I can twist it all and lose sight of the beauty around me at any given moment.

Thank you Lord for my family. Our health and all we take for granted every day. Thank you that we can love on and bless this family that has blessed us. I pray for healing for Mason. I pray you use this to shower him with your love, grace and power. I know he needs to feel you in his life right now, I know he has been pulling away. I pray that you pour out all your love and wrap him in your arms. Lord, do this or something better.

We are so blessed.

No comments: