Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Brad is out of town this weekend, actually visiting his mom. It just happens to be Mother's Day weekend. I have had a nice weekend with the kids, doing just normal stuff. The weather finally decided to change and it is amazing what 2 days of sunshine can do to all of us. You just do not realize how beautiful and green everything is when it is pouring and freezing everyday. Well the past few days have been lovely. We have taken every opportunity to do stuff outside.

Issie and Mommy at the park on Friday while the big kids were still in school. She is so funny. Really does not want to share the park with others but we are looking at it as opportunities to be nice to others. The sooner she realizes the world does not revolve around her, the better.
We took a trip to Costco, Friday night for my kids favorite dinner. Why do they love to eat at Costco so much? I will never know but it makes life simple when Daddy is gone. Kadie helped me pick out some Mother's Day flowers. Nice to have a reason to fill the house with something pretty.

Saturday, the girls and I went to get our hair done. My girls love to go to Toni's as her little girl apparently has the "best toys ever". Seriously you would think I was telling them we were going to Disney Land when I say they get to go with me to get my hair done. It is a blessing as it always takes awhile to keep this hair blond so it is fun that they love coming. Then we went to Jack's soccer practice, where he was finally invited to be an official member of the team! Hallelujah! Long story, that is sad and thankfully over. Jack brought a buddy home. They all played for a few hours. Then after the girls went to bed, Jack and I stayed up late watching Avatar (bad language but otherwise so cool).

Then we spent today, the actual Mother's Day, going to a lovely church service. Issie looking so cute in her summer dress, trying to do her own shoes. The sunshine was so inviting that we loaded up the wagon for a hike to the mail box. It is a hike.

We came home and had our first of many lunches on the back deck in the sunshine. Made smoothies and the kids sang me mother's day songs. Issie took a nap, the big kids played the wii and I spent several hours updating this blog (a month overdue!). A nice day. Now I am off to make some dinner. I miss you honey, but we are enjoying our time together. Happy Mother's Day to me.

No comments: