Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

Last Wednesday was the first day of school for Jack and Kadie. It was a great day for everyone. Brad went in late so he could make pancakes for the kids. Jack and Kadie were both super excited, which makes me nervous as with high excitement can come crashing down disappointment if the day does not live up to every ones expectations. But we were blessed and all was well. Kadie was especially excited to wear her new clothes since I have not let her wear anything new since we got them weeks ago, pretty mean, I know. Jack however choose to wear old shorts and a plain white t-shirt. I guess it is more cool to not look like you are wearing all new clothes.
Playing before school

Back packs on... waiting at the bus stop.

I did not cry when Kadie got on the bus, but looking at this picture of how sweet her brother was taking her to her seat, it makes me tear up now.
One last look for mom.

Well, one more last look for mom. :)

My big girl getting off the bus at noon after her first day. Kindergarten is only half days where we live so Kadie rides home with out Jack. But we were super blessed to realize there are 7 Kindergartners in our neighborhood this year and one new little girl ( all the rest are boys) "Abby" just moved into our neighborhood and Kadie made friends with her at school before she even knew we were neighbors. Apparently they caught a baby frog together. God is good.
As for me, it was a delightful day having the house to just me and Issie. It is amazing what you can do in a quiet house. I exercised, had some quiet time with God, cleaned things in the house that have not been cleaned for way too long. It was wonderful, peaceful. I read books to Issie and she ran around the house playing her favorite little game.... "Moooommmyy, where arrrre yoooouuuuu?" in her sweet little sing song voice. She is so funny.
Jack had a good day too, his highlight was they played football at recess and he had an interception. Simple things.

No comments: