Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Great Friends!

Last Saturday night we went to an amazing event for some dear friends that are adopting a baby from Ethiopia. A bunch of people put together this beautiful surprise auction where they raised over $11, 000! to help them fund the rest of the process. It was planned for months and it was a great opportunity for us all to get out without the kids and have fun.

A group of our closest friends all met before the auction for dinner and drinks and it was so fun. I forgot my camera but everyone else brought theirs and shared these pictures with me. When I got them, I realized not only the fun we had but how blessed I am to have these people in my life. I have been blessed with many great friends throughout my life and these people are some of the best friends you could ever hope for.
Left to right, Melody ("Mel"), Michelle, Me, Marnee, and Kristi. Melody and I have known each other since my wedding, her hubby was Brad's best man but really we became friends about 5 years ago. We have been through lots of sadness with babies together but also tons and tons of joy and laughter too. She is super creative, really fun, loves to know about everything that is going on and supportive in everything and a total blessing to me. Michelle and I were in a small group together, then led MOMS together, even lived together when we were building our house. She is a wealth of information on everything, a great listener, loves to have fun, is carefree and the keeper of all things I need. Marnee was my neighbor and in small group with us too. She has been my counselor, my running partner, my labor coach, and my loyal friend. She is always real, gives the best hugs, makes you want to tell her your life story when you first meet her, and is absolutely always available when you need her. Kristi was the first person I met when I came to Vancouver, before Brad even proposed. She is the life of the party, always with a big smile and a ton of energy. She is supportive and loyal and always ready to pray with me, nothing is the same when Kristi is not there.

We were all in a small group/bible study together for about 2-3 years and at the time all but Mel lived within a few blocks of each other. We dropped by on walks, shared left overs, had last minute dinners together, ran to the store for each other, watched each others kids, and so much more. Even though we all moved and things changed our friendships have never faltered. I love you all so much, you are always there for me, in the good times and the not so good times. Thank you.
Here we are with our hubbies, which are all great too. I love these guys and I know I could call any one of them at any time for anything and they would be there for us. Notice my husband is the only one that thinks it is funny to pretend to poor his beer on my head, always the funny guy. I guess that is why I love him so much.

The men, left to right... Nick, Nello, Chad, Brad, and Dave.

Me and my love at the auction.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Great pics - great ladies - and very handsome hubbies -- such an amazing friendship circle God has created in you all!

Eryn said...

so fun that the auction nite was a date night!!

You do have some really wonderful friends, I can vouch for that!!