Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday Party for Kadie

We had a small little friend party last week for Kadie's 5th Birthday. It was simple and fun. Kadie helped decorate the table and did her famous picture pose for the camera. She cracks me up.
Of course Tinker Bell continues to be the favorite and she was thrilled to have Tinker Bell decorations for the 3rd year in a row.
For most of the party the kids played wildly with the play house. All the girls would climb in side then the one boy at the party, Landon, would attack the house with the light saber until it tipped over and all the girls screamed and laughed and started it all over again. It was fun to watch them having such a good time together all by them selves.

Best buddies... Kadie and Landon.
Double chocolate cupcakes and a sparkle pink and purple 5 candle! Kadie was so excited.
Lots of wonderful gifts but these Fairy Wings stole the show. Good job Grandma Mary, she loves them and has been wearing them everywhere since she unwrapped them.
Later in the week, we had a family celebration with ice cream Sundays and Kadies favorite dinner (ginger chicken, rice and tomatoes). She then opened her doll house from Grandma Tutu. She was so excited..... until she realized it did not come with Barbies. Apparently my hairdressers little girl has the same doll house and has a bunch of Barbies she plays with in it. I guess I am one of those rotten moms that does not have Barbies for my little girl. I am not deathly against them but just feel there are lots of other dolls she could play with that maybe don't send such a vanity, body image, materialistic slant on the play. I am sure it will be one of those things that I thought was important and turns out to not really matter, but until I figure that out she was happy to play with her other princess and fairy dolls in the doll house.
It was a good birthday for Kadie. I am ready for a little break before the holidays kick in. All this celebration and preparation wears a mom out.






3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

Happy Birthday, Kadie! Looks like you had a great time of fun, food and fellowship!

Eryn said...

I had a non-barbie existence( I did have one skipper, because she was less "developed" for little girls, my mom said. Ocassionally, I felt like I was the only girl in the world who did not own a barbie...but now, I'm glad I never did. I certainly don't look like a barbie now...nor does anyone in my family...I could have needed years of therapy if my mom hadn't spared me the barbies! (Ok, just kidding on the last part, but I think no barbies is a good call)