Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma Mary!!

My mom turns 60 today, a milestone! When I thought about what to do for you mom, I wanted to do something special. Something I knew you would love, and not just something in the mail. We live too far away and I know your heart aches for your grandbabies. So me and the kids put together a little video show to share with you. Each one picked what they wanted to share. Jack wanted to play and sing, which is totally his thing. He did want me to tell you that "happy birthday" was not his first choice of songs to play but it was appropriate. And to be honest, I think he is a bit too nervous to belt out Tom Petty or U2 to be posted on the blog. But he did great. Kadie wanted to share her gymnastics moves, which is her thing. She was too scared to talk so that is why she is just blindly staring at the camera. Pretty cute. I am sure that will remind you of me at that age. I remember doing handstands on the couch and cartwheels through the dining room constantly. Then there is Issie. She was a stinker and really was like torture getting her to participate at all. She is so independent. She has taught herself her letter sounds now and is constantly practicing. She is going to give Kadie a run for her money on reading. Anyway, if she sees me with the camera she wants to watch the screen so that is why I was a bit sneaky and you cannot see her face straight on. I did need to do many many takes but I finally got the whole alphabet. It is funny we practiced her saying "Happy Birthday Grandma Mary" all night last night and she was hilarious, happy, jumping around with her sweet little sing song voice (of course I was without the camera). Then this morning, every time we said it she yelled "no", "no happy birthday to YOU!" So you get what you get and don't throw a fit. (a motto of our family- from the preschool years). I love you mom. I hope you have a great birthday and enjoy being 60 years YOUNG!



1 comment:

Mary Perez said...

Thank you my beautiful grandbabies, it was all so amazing. It made me so happy and brought tears to my eyes. I miss all of you so much & wish I could be with you more, but Mommy's post and photos do help. Grandpa Al loved it too, we are both so proud of all of you. Lots of Hugs & Kisses and Lots of Love, Grandma Mary