Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thanksgiving in Albuquerque.

Once again we did the long road trip to New Mexico to share Thanksgiving with Brad's family. His sister lives in Knoxville, TN. We both are about 24 hours of driving away from Albuquerque so we meet there at their mom's house and it is always fun. I spent 4 years of college there and Brad grew up there so we have lots of places we want to eat and visit and the kids get to play with their cousins whom they just adore. This year my mom and her husband Al flew in from Florida to spend it with us all too. In all I think there were 35 people for dinner! And it was one of the best meals I have ever had. Great family memories.
Silly Issie playing with her new legos. It takes her a while to warm up to people so it is hard on family that just want to scoop her up and love on her. She is very independent and specific about what she likes and dislikes. But we spent a week there so by the end she was all hugs and kisses. She became very territorial. It was "my granma tutu" and "my aunt yoyo". It is always funny that my kids call Grandpa Al, "Grandpa Owl", they have a hard time saying Al. It cracks me up.


Laura, Brad's sister, helping the girls make the cresants, it was so sweet for Kadie to have two big girls to look up to. Sydney is 12 and Lynsey is 9. I just love those girls.
The cousins played great. Jack was the only boy but he convinced them to play football most of the time, or soccer, or chess. They all just love each other and it always makes me and Laura sad that they don't live closer together. That would be great!
Trudy and Laura in the kitchen, cooking... cooking.. cooking!
My honey, his mama and my mama. So nice to be with family.

No comments: