Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Puppies for Lucy??

Well that time has come again for our little Lucy Lu. She is in heat. I dread this time of year (twice a year actually). Managing the diaper, keeping her on a leash and watching her every move so she does not escape to slut around the neighborhood. Well this time may be a little different. We are going to try to breed her with a sweet little Cavalier named Tucker. I have stressed and worried and hoped that it would work out and it would be the right thing to do. She is very little for her breed and it can be hard. But we feel it will all work out so we are moving forward and we will see how it goes. I have done this before with Kenya and Colby (my labs) but it is much easier with bigger dogs and when you own them both.

Lucy has had one get acquainted date with Tucker. And has a romantic weekend away with him set up for next weekend (apparently when she is supposed to be fertile). Sorry if this is too much information but that is usually how I operate. Then 63 days later we should have some puppies. Likely due the first week of October and ready for homes right around Thanksgiving time. I know I am getting a bit ahead of myself but the timing does seem to be working out perfectly. We will see what happens and of course I will keep you all posted.

No comments: